Spam Singles for George Curtis

I live in Minnesota and am hoping to make it to the SPAM Museum in Austin, MN yet this year. I will be sure to share some pictures if I do get to make it there.

Grew up on the stuff and love it! Plus it's low carb! LOL

The other night actually cubed up some spam, breaded em and deep fried em up. Came out pretty damn good IMO. Read about it being sold like that at come county fairs around the country so had to give it a try!

Spam fueled many a camping trip as a kid, along with potted meat, pineapple sandwiches, and Dinty Moore Beef Stew. Great memories.

Man sure miss stopping a the Gas station deli and getting a spam and egg Musubi for a quick on the go breakfast. Even better yet a big bowl of Saimin! Yumm two great ways to eat spam!

Had completely forgotten about Dinty Moore Beef Stew. Full of salt but I did like it, not today though. Like salt but have had to cut back.

Spam fueled many a camping trip as a kid, along with potted meat, pineapple sandwiches, and Dinty Moore Beef Stew. Great memories.

Anyone can cook a Pork Butt or a Rack of Ribs but only a real Pitmaster can nail Spam. Oh, and it must be done on a Ranch!!!!

MONEY SHOT

BAM!!!!!!!!!

worship.gif

Last edited:
My Dad served in the Navy back in the day on a Tin Can and Spam was a treat for them. We celebrated his birthday last month and had his usual favorite burgers and dogs.

We usually also grill up some Spam for Fathers Day as well as his birthday. This year I had the WSM fired up as well and Dad figured it was "something fancy" he wouldn't like.

Overkill? Absolutely, but so worth it!

Enjoy!

I really have to stop drinking coffee before opening this site, I just had to wipe down the iPad! I LOVE the spam whirligig!
Bob, that's a real gem!

I almost cooked up some spam fried rice a few weeks ago.......

I got a couple spam musubi presses after stopping at a friends Poke restaurant and I saw Spam Musubi on the menu (had to try it & then make it). I got sick of it after several rolls, but after seeing this video from Larry just a minute ago, I think I might try it again before long.

I'm pretty sure I grilled my spam, maybe I'll try Larry's recipe. Any pointers George? I haven't been to Hawaii yet so I've only had it made by someone else once.

I grew up on SPAM and love it. But my wife doesn't care for it much so we usually don't have it in the house. But when we do, musubi is on the menu.

Hey Clint, here's a link to musubi's I made for inspiration. http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?61671-SPAM-haters-don-t-look!&highlight=Misubi

I almost cooked up some spam fried rice a few weeks ago.......

I got a couple spam musubi presses after stopping at a friends Poke restaurant and I saw Spam Musubi on the menu (had to try it & then make it). I got sick of it after several rolls, but after seeing this video from Larry just a minute ago, I think I might try it again before long.

I'm pretty sure I grilled my spam, maybe I'll try Larry's recipe. Any pointers George? I haven't been to Hawaii yet so I've only had it made by someone else once.

Back in my duck hunting days Spam was our lunch in the duck blind.
slice it up, give it a squirt of mustard, place on white bread, devour!
on really cold days we wrapped it in foil and warmed it on our Coleman catalytic heater.

Back