Smokey Mountain Cookers in color

What porcelain enamel color would you like to see a Smokey Mountain Cooker in?

• Deep Ocean Blue

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Smoke

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Slate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Indigo

• Green

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Burnt Orange

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Fog Gray

• Crimson

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Copper

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I intentionally left the bright, pale colors out since they'd be likely to show more smoke stains. So, no Glen Blue, Spring Green, Diner/Seafoam Green, Hot Rod/Golden Yellow, Rock N Roll Blue, or Ivory.
Makes sense. I do love the idea of nice colors for the smokers

What colors are which in the Chris pic?
I voted Blue. Maybe a true copper would be a big seller too. Burnt orange looks good. The dark red, great. The silver metal ones may really work in conjunction with the setting.

Of course an R2D2 one...

I understand the appeal of the very nice deep ocean blue, but in my opinion if you compare the Ace "indigo" it is a more unique and richer color than the deep ocean blue. I am basing that on newer Genesis and kettles I have seen.

IMG_8097.JPEGOcean Blue Kettle.jpgAce Blue New Genesis.jpgOcean Blue New Genesis.jpg

I agree, Timothy. I am glad, though, for the progress we have seen from Weber in the availabilities of colors compared to even a few years ago. Like the spectrum, the possibilities are almost endless.

Burnt orange baby! Shiny though, not dull like Chris' picture.
In order to make a shiny orange, we would have to make the grill in China. This is because we'd need to use cadmium in the porcelain enamel formula to get that bright, shiny appearance.

There are strict regulations in the US pertaining to the use/disposal of cadmium in manufacturing. Its the reason we haven't made bright red kettles since 1999, except for the Limited Edition Red Kettle from 2016/2017 (which was made in China) and I'd much prefer to make the kettles locally here in Illinois if I can.

Back