Smoker Identification and value?

Taylor Moseley

TVWBB Member
A friend of a friend is selling a smoker. they say it's a New Braunfuls, but it doesn't look like any I can find, or that Char Griller makes now. Here is a picture. Any Idea of the value? They want just under 1000$ for it.

mANRTl.jpg

I have an original New Braunfels Bandera. I know that it is not the same thing, but I do not see any resemblance to any of the hardware or dampers....anything that would indicate that it was made by the same folks.

I have family members that have, or have at one time, owned other New Braunfels products, and none of us see anything to lead us to believe that this was made by New Braunfels, but.....ou never know.

Like something I've never seen before. Looks like a little of this and a little of that. Definitely not worth $1000 - don't even think I'd salvage it for scrap.
$1000 would by 2 22/12" WSM's + have a couple $'s leftover for mods, meat, charcoal, and some wood chunks.

No way would I give anywhere near $1000 for that. A $1000 can buy a lot of Weber smoker and accessories. Definitely would rather have a 22.5 WSM with or without a guru or stoker.

If I were interested in a smoker with a box, I'd consider a 36" Lang patio model, which is less than a $1000 (excluding taxes and shipping). There's a lot of other good, proven stuff out there for that kind of money.

Thanks for the input, I was pretty skeptical about it. Plus, the wife complains about me having an old and unused Brinkmann in the backyard, never mind that rusty thing! Actually, I do use the bottom as a fire pit to light my chimney in, just not the rest of it, lol.

i asked another list. no one recognized it either. they also would not pay anything close to that price. but they did like it for what it was.

It looks homemade to me but looks to be well constructed. It looks to be made with better materials than all of the smokers in the big box stores.

Back