Smoked sliders

E Mann

TVWBB Fan
We're having some friends come over tonight to watch the KU / K-State game tonight (go Hawks) and will be smoking some high quality dogs and sausages from my local meat market. I'll be making some sliders too and figured I'd just go ahead and smoke them as well so that I don't have to dirty up my grill. Probably go with some 80/20 and sirloin (if they have it) and smoke for about an hour. Does that sound right to you experts?

Dogs are already cooked so smoking will be ok. BUT the sausages and sliders/burgers will require cooking first (on the grill--high heat). Smoking after will be ok. But why don't you just put some wood chips in an aluminum foil packet and put that on your flavour bars/lava rock/whatever) and do your dogs and sliders on the grill all at the same time.

Unless you're running the smoker at high heat (+300), no way will your raw meat cook in an hour.

Thanks, I do these sausages all the time and they'll take about 1.5 hrs +/- I re-read my post and realized I got distracted. I was thinking 1.5-2.0 hrs for the sausages and burgers.

Back