Smoke day 2006

Good luck Dave. I think there is magic on Smoke Day, my first brisket turned out pretty nice this morning!!! I know your guests will appreciate the fruits of your labor!

Did BBQ/Smoked Chicken for dinner last night. Then I started and overnight smoke of a 7 3/4 lb Brisket. Just pulled it off and foiled and into the cooler. Now I threw a small slab of Baby Backs for a friend.
I am not smoked out yet!
Smokin' But Not Inhalin'

Doing Ribs today with no foil no going 6 hours at 240 holding within = - 3 degrees right now. Also going to do Parmesan Potato Balls for entree with corn on the cob. As for tomorrow I rest.

I did my BRITU yesterday. Yum they were good. Will eat them again today after church. And tomorrow....

.....and Monday....

.....and.....

Did beer can chicken for dinner last night, then threw on two butts around 9:00; they are both holding at 170 degrees; and they have been moved to the bottom rack. Will be putting 5 slabs of ribs on at 10:00 and hope to be eating at 4:00.

We should have 20 adults and an equal number of kids showing around 2:00. Can't wait to dig in!!

Good smoke to all and Happy Memorial Day!

Bill

I did 15 lbs Buckboard Bacon, 7 lbs of pastrami, and 18 lbs of Pork Butt. It was a long Saturday/Sunday, but what's a guy gonna do? its an addiction!

thewood

16 lbs of picnic followed by three loin backs. I found an old 10 lb bag of old Kingsford at Saveon Drugs and used that for almost the entire cook. Added about 20 lit coals to finish off the ribs.

Did some baby backs, and finished off with some chicken. Got rave reviews and nothing left but bare bones. Doing a butt tomorrow, will save some for food saver bagging. IF I CAN KEEP MY HUSBAND OUT OF IT!

Had my WSM and going and a Cookshack going at the same time. Six racks of spares that turned out quite nicely. Also, threw a bc chicken on to boot. Man, my stomach is aching!

Another successful 'Smoke Day' with 4 racks of baby backs done over five hours of cherrywood blended with Kingsford. The last hour featured some bacon strips smoked on the top grill for a sideline snack. All this washed down with some killer zinfandels from Turley & Carlisle.

Back