Site seeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig H

TVWBB Super Fan
Ok, this is going to sound weird, so bear with me. Do you ever find that when your driving through a neighborhood on the way to work or school that you find yourself doing what I have come to call "kettle hunting"? It can be fun especially in older neighborhoods where your bound to see an old redhead or a 3 wheeler black or even a brownie or anything Weber (I havnt seen a brownie in person yet), I know it's weird, but does anyone here find themselves doing this? I'm just talking about taking in the sites, not going up and knocking on someones door and asking for their grills, just the occasional site seeing trip to see whats still out there in the field as it were.

all the time!

i've taken note of all the colorful weber kettle locations around town. Whenever i'm in the area of one, i make sure to drive by to make sure its still there.

Yep, all the time. I've even been known to turn around to get a better look at grills before
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JustinL:
Yep, all the time. I've even been known to turn around to get a better look at grills before
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've done that several times!
icon_biggrin.gif

I do that all the time, and I've even gone up and knocked on doors, thats how I got my last two 22's.....free! One blue one touch and one redhead three wheeler. I got my eye on another redhead too.

Brian

About two months ago I took a detour because my normal path was blocked by an accident. There it was! A red 26'r in someones front yard!
icon_eek.gif

I went back and spoke to the owner who didn't want to part with it, but said he would think about it and I have never heard back.
icon_frown.gif

i do it all the time! and my kids are in on it too. they tell me that one is NOT like yours, which i promptly praise them for spotting. and when they do find Webers they squeal.... lol

i have spotted a nice copper, i think they still use it.

i have been coveting a red mastertouch that is sitting in someone's front yard. i see it ALL the time, and i am pretty sure they dont use it. the ash catcher is halfway falling off and it is always in the same spot. and yes i have knocked on the door twice now and no one answers.
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ S.:
Becky,
Leave a nice note with your number.
You never know about people, but its woth a try.
AJ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didnt think about leaving a note AJ... funny thing when i went by there today i noticed that the grill was moved and had been used... darn. now i just wonder why the heck they dont fix the ash catcher.

i still might leave a note for them.

I drive a lot for work so I go Weber site seeing sometimes when I have time to kill. Seen some nice ones but I'm waiting to get lucky and find someone's "trash" at the curb one of these days.

Its funny, one of the neighborhoods i've been scouting has a black 3 wheeler that has sat unused on this guys patio for months, they were having a garage sale this week and I was hoping to find the kettle sitting in the garage/driveway, but it wasnt there. I drove around by the back and the kettle had moved-towards the house on the other side, i thought to myself "what a TEASE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back