Simple chicken breasts and taters

RGleason

TVWBB Super Fan
Didn't have too much time to cook tonight. Threw some chicken breasts and taters on the '69 daisy wheel redhead that I restored late last year. Cooked with kingsford blue. One breast was rubbed with penzey's chicken rub and one with just s&p. seared both sides first and then moved away from heat to come to temp. I cooked the tater in the microwave for 4 minutes to soften it up. Brushed with canola oil and seasoned with magic dust. In the gril direct for the crunch and then moved to indirect to finish. My wife made a gravy with chicken flavor, mushrooms, and white wine(plus salt & pepper). First time I have had a grilled chicken with gravy. It was delicious. The combination of the white wine/mushroom gravy with the rubs and grilled flavor was quite tasty. The taters were dunked in a mix of ketchup and Harry's habanero sauce I am definitely going to cook this again. Thanks fer lookin!

null_zpsf7a06ab2.jpg

null_zps149280d9.jpg

null_zps8f1183b3.jpg

null_zps4c79c8bf.jpg

null_zps7e845ad5.jpg

null_zps8c8161de.jpg

null_zps7c254f9e.jpg

null_zpse632ce59.jpg

Thanks everyone! I can't stress how good and interesting it was eating a white wine mushroom gravy on grilled chicken! Def recommend!

Back