Shining Up The Old WSM

Frank Eriksen

TVWBB Super Fan
What do you guys use to clean up the inevitable smoke and grease discolorations on your WSM's? I want to get it looking "Showroom" new this year.

Just in case there's any confusion - I'm talking about the outside only, of course.

Thanks for your help...

Blessings

I've used Formula 409 spray cleaner and 0000 steel wool with good results. Scrub gently, rinse/repeat as needed.

On the aluminum door, I've used Cameo aluminum and stainless steel cleaner. There are lots of good commercial aluminum cleaners out there, but I already had this one for cleaning stainless cookware and it worked great on the aluminum door.

Here's to a clean machine,
Chris

Take some before and after pictures Frank if you can... I would love to see the results. :)

Frank, my company sells a product called "Simple Green" . I'm sure you could google it and find it. This stuff is great. I haven't run into a stain or spot it couldn't remove. As a matter of fact, it makes it look so good you'll have to clean everything attached or around, it makes stuff look brand new.
I used it on a carpet stain, (white) and regreted it. It made the carpet spot look brand new, the rest of it looked like an old door mat. :)

A good scrubbing with simple green or similar, then use a clay bar on the wet surface to maximize the reflectivity on the black finish.

lol, I cannot believe you are claying your grill. Too funny.

I though the same..LOL Clay bar on the smoker but it will be smooth, clean and shiny. I`m a little clean freak on mine too. After every cook I clean the outside and vents down real good before covering it back up.

then use a clay bar on the wet surface to maximize the reflectivity on the black finish.

WOW..............=)

I clean mine once a year with Greased Lightning. If it comes off in the 2 to 5 minutes I'm willing to spend wiping it down great, if not it'll ride till next year.

Thanks Gene. I've, heard of Simple Green and will make it my first choice. Thanks for reminding me about this product.

Back