Servo trouble

AubreyW

TVWBB Member
Hi,

Just got my servo connected and it doesn't appear to be working. I am using an HM4.0 board with wires soldered to +5V, GND, and SIGNAL through a CAT 5 connector. At the other end of the CAT 5 cable I am seeing 5V and 3.3V (on the signal wire) but the servo isn't moving. It only moves when disconnect the signal wire briefly. I have my settings at 750-2500us inverted (have tried non-inverted) and I have the HM in manual fan mode moving up and down.

Any ideas what's going on?

I'm having this problem with my newly assembled 4.1 board... the servo jumps when i boot up, but won't move otherwise. I'm a total newb when it comes to these servo settings. I'm just sitting here scratching my head. I wish I knew the exact configuration to limit my servo range and test it servo manually

I run the servo in my roto damper with the range 1030 - 2330, but the range would be different if you use a different valve or servo. Those values will at least be within the natural range of the servo and not cause it to bottom out and burn up. If you have an experimental valve that you need to work out the range for you could start with something around 1600 - 1600 and widen the range in small steps until you get it right...

You can just manually cycle between lid mode on/off with a left button press to test the limits of the servo. Just make sure you have a pit probe connected with a set temp way above the probe temp. The exact servo position will depend on how you mount the propeller gear on the servo. You may also need to invert the servo output so that it moves in a certain direction for opening/closing.

Back