Security

Al S.

Just got my new 22.5 wsm, but it is too big to keep anywhere but on the patio outside. This makes me nervous. Any tips on securing the wsm so it won't walk away overnight?

House or apartment? If apartment, what floor?

Probably the best thing is to do a handle mod on the center section and then use a long bicycle cable and install an eye ring to the wall and lock it to that.

House or apartment? If apartment, what floor?

Probably the best thing is to do a handle mod on the center section and then use a long bicycle cable and install an eye ring to the wall and lock it to that.

I like Bobs idea. Or what I would do is let my wife sleep outside and put the WSM in her half of the bed...............=)
Peter

I like Bobs idea. Or what I would do is let my wife sleep outside and put the WSM in her half of the bed...............=)
Peter

Peter, I think you came up with a better idea. I will talk to my wife later today. Of course, I might not survive that conversation but you never know.

First, I would keep the outside light on or add a motion detector one with floods. ( the punks don't like to be seen ).
Someone did this before and it's a good idea, get a length of aircraft cable and add cinches for small eyelets and thread that through the top vent and out one of the lower vents, than add a small padlock.
A dog run cable will work also just make sure the loops are small enough to fit the vent holes.

Tim

I think Tim's idea is a better refinement over mine. Both will work but his will work without the mid section handle mod. Great idea Tim.

Great idea, Tim. I was going to do the handle mod just so I could run a small chain thru the handle, but your idea will eliminate concerns with the cover fitting properly.
Thanks!
All S.

Back