Saturday eats and a new toy

Phil M

TVWBB Member
Just the two of us here today so used the new Weber fine mesh rotisserie basket to tumble some
chicken wings on the Q.

First marinated for a couple of hours in 50/50 Sriracha and Cattlemen's BBQ sauce with some
Worcestershire to loosen it a little:

DSC_0008.jpg

Basket loaded:

DSC_0014.jpg

Let's get ready to tumble!!:

DSC_0015.jpg

This is a great piece of kit. Really well made and big enough to hold plenty of whatever's on the menu:

DSC_0019.jpg

Getting dark pretty early here in the UK now:

DSC_0032.jpg

An hour or so later and ready to serve:

DSC_0037.jpg

Then plated. Nice & simple as usual with roasted sweet potato and coleslaw:

DSC_0044.jpg

Oh, and that basket cleaned up good as new in the dishwasher (thankfully!!).

Delicious. Thanks for looking.

Really like the basket, haven't seen it on this side of the pond. Chicken and sides look really good.

That basket-case chook looks marvellous.
Do you think you could do BBQ chips, (french-fries), in it?

I know what you mean, "it's getting dark pretty early". Another month and it will dark o'clock by 4:00pm...:mad:

Great idea with the basket. Bet the chicken was good. Also love your yard. Guess there's no drought over there. Mine resembles a dust bowl.

Great looking meal Phil. That marinade for the wings made my stomach growl with delight! Like the basket but my first thought was that would be a pain to clean. Glad your dishwasher did the job.

That marinade is very much to my own taste, right up my street and I have tried similar.

According to Weber they say with that basket "you can cook smaller cuts of meat, fries, vegetables and even popcorn without the worry of the food falling through the gaps"

Looks like very good Weber quality as usual. You've answered my concern about the cleaning of it. That tiny mesh will love a bit of baked on sauce.

This looks interesting too. Less tumbling action. https://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/rotisserie-basket/

Last edited:
Really like the basket, haven't seen it on this side of the pond. Chicken and sides look really good.
If it helps, sold here as Weber Original Rotisserie Fine Mesh Basket (17588). Also quoted as fitting all Weber barbecue rotisseries except Q1000.

That basket-case chook looks marvellous. Do you think you could do BBQ chips, (french-fries), in it?
Definitely. French fries, popcorn, roasted root vegetables and of course wings. There’s a video online of someone home roasting coffee beans using this basket too.

Great idea with the basket. Bet the chicken was good. Also love your yard. Guess there's no drought over there. Mine resembles a dust bowl.
Garden’s had a little rain lately Bob, so the green’s coming back slowly. Just enjoying the late summer weather before the frosts arrive.

Great looking meal Phil. That marinade for the wings made my stomach growl with delight!
Sriracha’s quickly becoming my favourite hot sauce. The flavour’s amazing.

You've answered my concern about the cleaning of it. That tiny mesh will love a bit of baked on sauce.
My heart sank when I saw how much sauce had stuck to it and I thought I’d made a terrible mistake. Now I know it’s easily cleaned there’ll be many more sauce smothered goodies going inside. The other basket might be more suited to more delicate pieces which wouldn’t take tumbling too well.

Love the roto-basket and the chicken and sauce choice is spot on, nicely done Phil.

Phil, everything looks delicious and I love that basket. There could be some good eats off that for sure. Love your yard also.

Back