Safe to cook overnight?

Rob L

TVWBB Member
I have my new WSM outback of my house... I have a woodsy backyard with a large tree in the middle of my yard and a shed... I have my WSM next to my shed which is next to the woods... When I cook overnight I'm going to move it away from my shed and put rocks down under it... However should I find a way to fasten the legs to the ground? Does anyone do this? Thanks.

Hi Rob
Just keep the area around the WSM clear of debris and you'll be fine.
I've never had to secure the legs, it would take alot of wind to knock it over.

morgan

Rob, No worries. I used to cook overnight on my deck before i replaced it with a concrete patio setup.
icon_smile.gif

I have had my WSM out in 35-40mph gusts and never once did it fall over. Also my Bro has a heavily wooded yard with a shed and deck right next to the WSM with no problems. If your relly concerned put a wireless somke dector in your shed. LOL just kidding your smoke flavor from that WSM would set the thing of instantly.

Have fun
Rick

Are you worried about the wind, or creatures knocking it over? I would agree that moving it away from any combustionables (?) would be a good idea if it will let you sleep better. I would think a creature would feel the heat from it and stay away, but you never know. (The N.J. Devil maybe?
icon_wink.gif
)

Get yourself nine 12" X 12" concrete pavers (around a buck a piece at Home Depot) and lay down a square. This should give you a solid base clear of any debris.

Back