Rotisserie Spit Basket

Derrick Orlando

TVWBB Member
Can anyone recommend a good rotisserie spit grill basket for the Weber Summit 470?

I purchased one from my local Ace Hardware a few weeks ago, but after getting it home and attempting to attach it to the spit, it became apparent that it was cheaply made. This is a little hard to explain, but as I tightened the eye screws down onto the spit, the metal began to bend where the eye screw was attached to the basket. The holes to slide the basket onto the spit seemed to be a bit too big and didn't provide any support.

When I went back to the store to return it, there was a Turbo grill on display with the basket attached to its spit. Upon closer inspection I saw that the Turbo's spit was thicker (probably like 5/8") and basket didn't seem to shift around on the spit like it did on the Summit's spit since the holes on the basket seemed to provide some added stability when the eye screws were tightened down.

All I'm looking for is something similar to this:

51KjItxtuoL by e4dorla, on Flickr

I looked at the baskets on Amazon, but some of the reviews state the same problem that I had with the one I got from Ace Hardware.

Thanks!

Derrick

Last edited:
not to many out there worth anything anymore. I was lucky to find an old ss one for $6 at the second hand store.
maybe order the basket from the turbo ?

I have the exact one you pictured. Yeah it's kinda cheap but it works just fine. You don't have to tighten the screws like that BTW. Just snug'em down is all it needs

Derrick, I also had the same problem you had so I went to HD and bought a couple of #10 lock nuts, put one on each thumb screw. This made for a larger surface to contact the spit-rod. This worked for me I hope it works for you. LOL, by the way I went to onegrill.com and bought their best basket for about $89 and solved the basket problems. Good luck and good smoking.

Back