Rotisserie for Performer

Matt Sanders

TVWBB Pro
Weber's site says their rotisseries for 22.5 kettles won't work on the Platinum or Performer. Why is that? Does the table get in the way? If so, couldn't you just run the rotisseries front/back instead of side/side?

Matt it does work, as George showed you the link of all the other discussions. Here's an interesting thing, today I was watching BBQ university with Steve Raichlin. He was making Huli Huli chicken, and guess what? He was using the performer, with the rotisserie ring. I was shocked, wish I could have taken a picture and sent it to Weber. It does fit side to side, the table does not get in the way. However,Raichlin turned it as you suggested front to back. I think he did just to show how the spit was placed in the ring itself. No worries it does work. I have the EZ que and that fits also. Makes you wonder why Weber says that, a 22.5 inch kettle is the same whether it is on a performer or OTG or OTS.

The weber ring fits on the performer, but also leaks air like crazy.

i got one from cajun bandit that seems to work a lot better (after adding a single piece of foil tape - which they should totally include, but do not)

Back