Ribs two ways.

Jason Noble

TVWBB All-Star
Picked up a rack of bb ribs on sale this week. The rack was cut in half when i bought it. Decided to do a traditional smoke and a Asian marinade.

The first half I rubbed using a mix of leftover rubs. I consolidated 4 or 5 rubs into one super rub. Cherry for smoke.

019 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
024 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
031 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Cooked for 3 hours then wrapped in foil with brown sugar, tiger sauce, butter and a little tea.

037 by
wasatchbbq, on Flickr
033 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Next night I did the Asian influenced ribs. The recipe came out of Steven Raichlen's How to Grill book. The marinade included garlic, onion, cilantro, ginger, lemongrass, soy, fish sauce, lemon juice, oil and pepper Marinaded for 6 hours. I used the gasser due to the fact we were having a no burn day due to air pollution. Legally your not allowed to start any sort of fire.

045 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr.
040 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
048 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr
061 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Served up with rice seasoned with soy, sriracha and this stuff. Very tasty ribs.

063 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm with Cliff. Nice job on both. I've been trying to nail down a good asian-inspired rib recipe. I have that Raichlan book. I guess I should open it. :p

Both, great looking ribs. Love that asian twist. Most of us are guilty of getting caught in a rut with ribs. Thanks for inspiring us to bust out!

Back in my college days, I was perfectly content with just a shaker bottle of furikake and a bowl of plain white rice. After seeing those Asian-inspired Raichlen ribs, I'm drooling. Terrific cooking, Jason!

I'm with JimK. I need to open my Raichlan book! :rolleyes:

Those Asian ribs look lush!!

Last edited:

Back