rib suggestion?

Shaun H

TVWBB Fan
Wanna try a different style. I usually do a sweet/heat profile, 275 3h/40m/30m.

Any suggestions? I'd like to do a more vinegar based approach, but am open to other suggestions as well. Thx!

I just did a smallish beef rack of 4 ribs for myself.
They were $1.99 per pound at Safeway and the whole thing only came to $4.20

I used my 22.5" kettle with one Weber basket of KBB burning from one end.
My rub was coarse restaurant grade black pepper, Kosher salt and granulated garlic (powder).
I had a disposable aluminum lasagna tray in the center of the kettle (on the coal grate) with about 1-1/2" of water in it.
Dome temp was 225-ish for 4 hours.....didn't wrap.

Awesome bark, smoke ring and moist !
Shoulda taken pics !

I poured out some Stubbs sauce but hardly touched it....just wanted to savor them Texas-style (no smothering sauce).

I've also done the block-cut, beef short ribs the same way.
They look beautiful with about a 3/4" pull back when they're done.
With that simple rub, they eat almost like brisket.

Both guaranteed winners.

Last edited:
I just did a smallish beef rack of 4 ribs for myself.
They were $1.99 per pound at Safeway and the whole thing only came to $4.20

I used my 22.5" kettle with one Weber basket of KBB burning from one end.
My rub was coarse restaurant grade black pepper, Kosher salt and granulated garlic (powder).
I had a disposable aluminum lasagna tray in the center of the kettle (on the coal grate) with about 1-1/2" of water in it.
Dome temp was 225-ish for 4 hours.....didn't wrap.

Awesome bark, smoke ring and moist !
Shoulda taken pics !

I poured out some Stubbs sauce but hardly touched it....just wanted to savor them Texas-style (no smothering sauce).

I've also done the block-cut, beef short ribs the same way.
They look beautiful with about a 3/4" pull back when they're done.
With that simple rub, they eat almost like brisket.

Both guaranteed winners.

Sounds great! This is the next thing I want to try...already have the beef ribs. I foil my pork ribs, but not sure if I should foil beef ribs.

Wanna try a different style. I usually do a sweet/heat profile, 275 3h/40m/30m.

Any suggestions? I'd like to do a more vinegar based approach, but am open to other suggestions as well. Thx!

I tried dry ribs tonight along with my usual sweeter honey bbq type wet ribs. Someone had a memphis rib rub recipe and I like memphis style ribs, but to me they just lacked the bang that the sweeter ribs with the sauce have. Don't know if I will try to make dry ribs again...

Back