Restaurant Depot

How does the KCBS day pass work if you don't have a tax ID? Do they charge you sales tax?

How many day passes can you get from KCBS? Do you just get in once, or can you go back in a few months?

its not tax exempt, but food isn't taxable in ny.

KCBS has a member # that I have written on my card, I show them that and they write the number on a little slip of paper with the date that I have to give to the cashier.

They don't ever record anything, so they don't keep track of what I personally purchase. And I've never had a problem getting the day pass.

I guess when this deal with kcbs was originally established, they were handing out new member numbers to everyone who wanted one. I'll bet it got ugly fast. Now they have the one number, that we all can use when ever.

I just went by Cash & Carry to check things out...it was like being a kid in a candy store. They had pretty much everything I like to smoke (butts, brisket, spares, turkey breasts, even chuck rolls which I haven't done yet). I didn't buy anything because I was just scouting it out, but I'll be back.

It does seem like it would be a good option for people in the western US who don't have the proper credentials for Restaurant Depot.

You guys have convinced me to give this a try.
I just joined the KCBS to qualify for the day pass.
I hope they have whole packer briskets.
I have only been able to find flats in Indy.

I go to the RD in Van Nuys Calif. Got day passes for a while and one day the gave me a hard card.Buy meat for the WSM here. As others have said take a jacket.Last time I went for Brisket. Many to choose from from 8 to 16 pounds.Choice or Angus.Tri Tips come in a bag of 8. Don't forget a ice chest with ice to bring you meat home.

I joined the KCBS to qualify for the day pass.
I'm a sucker for volume buys and I really enjoy going to that place.
Prices are the same as Jim Quinn posted.
The 17# USA RO is a great buy.
I'v been pleased with the meat quality.

Overall I'd say it is worth the $35.00 to join the KCBS for the day pass option.

They have one in Mt Vernon NY not far from me but I tried to get it with my business license (I have a record label) and tried to say it was for corporate events and record release parties...no no didn't work. I might have to try this KCBS day pass! I know a couple people that have a membership but meeting up is difficult!

Boy. I just walked in and applied.I can get up to 6 (I think) additional memberships on my account. I have 2 right now for my wife and I. I have a contract cleaning company. I know they have cleaning supplies there but, I buy mostly food. Never would have thought it would be a problem. You would figure they would want the business. I feel bad for you guys that are getting "boned". I love the place. Oh by the way; I checked the prices there last week on Pork Spare ($1.79) and Some Angus Ribs ($2.29).

Finally got a chance to get there. I was in the area of one today and stopped by to check it out. Pretty amazing. I recently joined the KCBS so I used the one day pass. Got there and found out that they offer one day passes to Fireman and Law Enforment as a common practice. So really did not need the KCBS pass anyway. I really did not see any really great deals. But they did have some stuff that I can't get anywhere else so I guess I'll be going back. Gotta tell ya though I was really wishing that I would see Tri-Tips, sadly I did not.
Graz

But they did have some stuff that I can't get anywhere else so I guess I'll be going back. Gotta tell ya though I was really wishing that I would see Tri-Tips, sadly I did not.

ask. At my location the meat guys seemed really eager to get me what I wanted.

You're right though, most of the deals are for case prices. You have to keep an eye on their ads. Around march, I picked up a whole corned beef packer for around $24.

Whats nice is that they have a selection. If I order a brisket from a butcher, I have to take what they got. At RD I can shuffle through them all and pick out the best one.

Back