Replacement side sticker?

Benny Gilbert

TVWBB Member
Hey everyone, I have a quick question - I wasn't quite sure where to post this but since this primarily pertains to a gas grill, I figured that I would leave it here. Is there anyway to get a replacement information sticker as seen on the side of some Weber products, primarily the gas grills? I have a pre-owned 2006 Weber Summit Platinum D6, however, the sticker with the serial no. and other stuff on the cart base is almost completely faded. I was wondering if it was possible to reproduce a sticker since I wouldn't mind having that information on there. Thanks in advance!

I do stickers for the fuel gauge for various old Weber grills and the tank warning sticker.

Examples of Decals.jpg

I think I remember where someone here may have remade their info sticker, but I am not sure. Weber made various ones of these, so there is no single version, and they are complex to reproduce. Also, each one has unique information. To make it right, they would have to be printed on a one-off basis. My printer makes them on vinyl-type peal off and stick material. To do that cost-effectively requires making them in quantity.

Inkjet made at home will just wash out in a short period. I guess that's why I haven't pursued myself. It would make a nice project to work through. though. Maybe after tax season!

If you can post a picture of what you do have, I would be interested to see what would be involved.

Like Jon, I also remember seeing a picture of a replacement side sticker that someone had made. You could try searching through the threads using those key words, it might pop up.

Not for a 2006 Weber Summit Platinum D6, but the right idea.

I do stickers for the fuel gauge for various old Weber grills and the tank warning sticker.

View attachment 67318

I think I remember where someone here may have remade their info sticker, but I am not sure. Weber made various ones of these, so there is no single version, and they are complex to reproduce. Also, each one has unique information. To make it right, they would have to be printed on a one-off basis. My printer makes them on vinyl-type peal off and stick material. To do that cost-effectively requires making them in quantity.

Inkjet made at home will just wash out in a short period. I guess that's why I haven't pursued myself. It would make a nice project to work through. though. Maybe after tax season!

If you can post a picture of what you do have, I would be interested to see what would be involved.
Hey Jon - I sent a separate note just now. Need 2 stickers of the one you show on the right of the above pic....

View attachment 67318

View attachment 67318

Hey John,
You wouldn’t happen to do stickers for the new Genesis would you? I need a replacement fill tank sticker that goes on the outside, just to the left of the front door.

Attachments

• IMG_8921.jpeg
    IMG_8921.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 6
Hey John,
You wouldn’t happen to do stickers for the new Genesis would you? I need a replacement fill tank sticker that goes on the outside, just to the left of the front door.
Did you try calling Weber on that one? I would think they still have ones that new in stock.

Not yet anyway. I would have to have one to copy from.

I agree with @Steve Hoch that Weber should be able to help you with the current version.

Not yet anyway. I would have to have one to copy from.

I agree with @Steve Hoch that Weber should be able to help you with the current version.
Yea, I thought that as well but unfortunately they don’t sell just the sticker. They say that whole panel needs to be ordered. If you don’t have any it’s not a big deal. I’d definitely be interested in a couple however if you could make them.

If someone can take a CLEAR picture of a nice one of these and then send it to me with the exact measurements, I could see what I can do to add this to my offerings.

That's another one I would SOMEDAY like to add to my list, but I don't make that sticker.

I am not really understanding why you are looking for that more modern scale since the 1990 grills used the scale with the pointer and the gauge decal on the frame. I DO make the decal that goes with that scale.

Does anyone have the 1990 version for the tank scale? I can't justify spending $35 on a new scale just for the sticker lol

That's not the right scale for that grill, it will face backwards on your grill. Contact @Jon Tofte for the correct sticker for your scale.20220823_203342.jpg

I’ve bought replacement decals from @Jon Tofte twice now with the most recent package arriving just yesterday. I think he does himself a disservice by calling them stickers as they are too well done to be just a sticker. Stickers are what we got out of cereal boxes when we were kids. These are reproduction decals in my mind. Anyways, I’ve promised Jon that I would post pictures on both occasions and have failed to remember to do so previously. So, this morning, I did a quick reassembly of an over the top vintage tank scale I’ve been working on. I’m doing it up with all stainless hardware and both nylon and stainless washers to make it even better than new. And yes, it’s got a brand spankin’ new pointer tip as well. I do need to disassemble it one more time to change out the smaller nylon lock nut to stainless and to prep and paint the weight adjustment screw before final assembly but I owed it Jon to get something shared here while it was fresh on my mind. It’s not really true ”before” and “after” pictures but I do have it shown here next to another ratty old scale for reference. You’ll notice that I snapped a pic of the patent info. I’m not a huge fan of the idea that the decal goes over this info but that was Weber’s choice, not mine or Jon’s. I still wanted a photo of it for my archives before covering it, though. Enjoy the pics and thanks as always to Jon for offering these to us. I can’t wait for him to offer the newer yellow tank fullness level decals next!

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0440.jpeg
    IMG_0440.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0435.jpeg
    IMG_0435.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I don’t post too many of my projects here on the forum, but I thought I’d share the finished product with @Jon Tofte’s replica decals on it. The grill is named the KS1 because one of my local Facebook page followers with the initials “KS” picked it up by the side of the road and dropped it off at my shop for me all on his own. Here’s the full details on the project just in case you’re into the minutiae that goes into a deep flip project. I’ve copied the following entry almost verbatim from my “The Weber Guy” page rather than rework it all here…

“The KS1 is done! And what a beauty it is. If you’ve been following along, you already know there’s an entire laundry list of Easter eggs on this one but we’ll review the entire project here to keep everything together in one post. The cook box and end caps were sandblasted by our friends at ADK Blast & Coat LLC before receiving a high heat paint treatment. The frame was sanded and re-sprayed with fresh enamel. I restored the tank scale right down to a replacement warning decal, a tank level indicator decal for the frame, and even the white pointer tip. The wheels were refinished and received a new set of Weber whitewalls courtesy of Charles Bouchard at Chuck's Inserts. I used new black push nut centers for the main wheels and new white push nut caps for the tank bracket wheels. The frame received new end cap plugs and the gas manifold was prepped and painted as well. The durawood side table now sports custom stainless steel brackets & screws and it received a 6th slat vs the standard 5 to give it a cleaner, more refined look. The lid received hours of scrubbing and cleaning both inside and out to give a mirror finish to both. Internally, the grill received a new igniter, new SS burner tubes and SS flavor bars, and a new hose & regulator. In a nod to history, I used new black porcelain enamel grates to match what would have come with the grill back when it was new from the factory. Down below, it’s got a new drip pan, grease tray, and bracket as well. Finishing touches include my signature SS hardware end cap treatment and a new genuine Weber hood thermometer to ice the cake on this over the top restoration. This grill is truly better than new and it marks the first in a series of full restorations I have planned for the year. For now, it’ll be covered and tucked into a corner of the shop before hitting the market in spring when demand heats up. Happy grilling!”

As you can see, I wasn’t even going put a price on it to list it for sale until warmer weather arrived but there seemed to be enough interest that I took a chance and threw it out there anyways. Despite it only being February, I just sold it this morning for full ask at $400. That surpasses my previous high sale on a 2 burner of $350 for the grill shown in my profile pic. Not too shabby for a roadside freebie.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0528.jpeg
    IMG_0528.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0529.jpeg
    IMG_0529.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0535.jpeg
    IMG_0535.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0539.jpeg
    IMG_0539.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0540.jpeg
    IMG_0540.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0533.jpeg
    IMG_0533.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0531.jpeg
    IMG_0531.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
.... And that's how it's done. Great job Tom! I would have liked a beauty shot of the manifold too, but heck.
I really do need to be better with my camera skills and efforts. I usually snap photos on the fly with my iPad as an afterthought and always miss things and/or take blurry pictures. You are right…this grill deserved a nice manifold shot and I never even gave it a thought at the time. The next grill coming out of the shop is probably a Platinum II and I’m going full powder coat for the frame on it. I’ll make sure to get a glamour shot of the manifold and I’ll use the better camera next time, too. I know you appreciate a clean lid interior so here’s a couple of teaser shots of the lid on that one for you.

Attachments

• IMG_0475.jpeg
    IMG_0475.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3521.jpeg
    IMG_3521.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 7

Back