Replacement Maverick probes

Frank S.

TVWBB Member
I have the Maverick ET-73, and am looking for a set of replacement probes. Does anyone know of a website that sells the probes by themselves?

Also, are the Polder probes interchangeable with the Maverick unit? They look the same...

Here's a link to the Maverick site. Click Here
You can get them directly from them.
Their phone number is: 732-417-9673

Also, the new, longer, high temp probes should be available by now.

I sent an e-mail to Maverick asking about the availability of the new 6' long probes.
Here was their response:
"Longer probe is $17.00 which includes shipping in the USA.
Call us at 1-800-526-0954 to order with a visa or mastercard or else email the info."

I called to make sure that they were now available (they are), but $34 for 2 probes is a bit much for me to spend right now.

I just called Maverick to order the 6' long probes and learned that if you order 2 the price is $27.75 including shipping. However, they only probe they make with a 6' wire is the food probe.

Griff

Griff,
That's good to know. I may call back & order 2. I'm sure a food probe will work fine as a smoker probe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Edvik:
Griff,
That's good to know. I may call back & order 2. I'm sure a food probe will work fine as a smoker probe. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jeff, the food probe will work as the pit probe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Finney:
Jeff, the food probe will work as the pit probe. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. I figured it would. I just called & ordered two.

Jeff

Those were my thoughts exactly -- a food probe will work fine as a smoker probe. In fact, a food probe will work as a smoker probe, but not vice versa. That's why I ordered 2 as well.

Griff

I spoke to a woman there today and ordered one food and one smoker thermometer. She didn't tell me about any longer cable models... The probes were $12 each, $24 for the pair which included shipping. Thanks for the phone number.

Back