?-remote thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave,

Myself and several others here have the Nu-Temp 701 and love them. I've had mine for about a year and a half now and have never had a problem. Many more here use the Maverick ET-73 which is cheaper and has the Hi AND Low temp warning feature the Nu-Temp doesn't have. The Nu-temp can receive up to 3 transmitters and display them in a rolling mode. There was a bad run of the ET-73 as of late but the customer severvice has been great...It's jut taken a while to get everyone up and running. All in all, if I knew I was going to get a good Maverick unit, that's the route I'd go. (I just ran into a really good deal on the Nu-Temps when I was looking...Couldn't refuse)

HTH,

Bill, I didn't know you could use up to three transmitters.
icon_confused.gif
Good thing... I probably would have bought one and two extra trans.... Wife would have hurt me.
icon_razz.gif

Yeah, she might have at those prices.. I ended up buying 4 complete units. They weren't packaged as you get them now... Just in bubble wrap pockets. I was told they were part of a promotion and were surplus. Can't remember the price but it was somewhere around $120 or 130 for the lot with free shipping.
icon_cool.gif

I have the Nu-Temp 701. I bought it off E-bay for $53 shipping included. It also came with a meat fork that has the readouts on it also. I was going to get another probe or 2, but may hold off and just get the Guru.

Dave, Go for the ET-73. I was one of the unlucky people who got a bad run of ET-73's but they continually sent me new units until I got one that worked...at no extra charge to me!!
icon_smile.gif

Dave, I too got a bad ET-73. The customer service at Maverick is great, no questions asked, just sent me a new unit. I also have a Guru and hardly ever use my ET-73. I use it in the house now when I'm using the oven.

Nick P.

I bought a NEW Maverick at Linin's N Things last friday afternoon...when to work...came home that evening and was prepping to do my Butts..........dang BRAND new Maverick I bought to replace a very old polder...........was jacked up. The prob was bad......no matter what I did it read HHH......which means it's above the max temp. Prob is......I was calibrating it and hadn't even put it in the cold water yet. Should have read like my other Maverick and given me a 78deg room temp. Still haven't taken it back...gonna take it back and get my money back. I have a Guru but I don't use the ramp function. There fore I need to know what the internal meat temp is. I don't worry about the pit temp but for the meat temp I need one.....I have an older remote maverick (single probe capable) that I ended up using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back