Reminded why I need a servo

Andy Snider

TVWBB Fan
Rock solid, just 20* above set temp.... I didn't seal the bottom vent with tape today, but I did restrict the flow through the fan by 2/3 (which is why it took so long to get up to temp). This is actually below where I can usually run steadily w/the HM.
After attaching the fan, I moved the Keg around & didn't notice that I knocked it loose - got up to ~285* & then I saw it was loose...
http://andysnider11.no-ip.org:8080

oh well, ribs smell great - my control-freak ego can take a beating, if it means I'm gonna have a good meal :)

Bummer. A good reminder to harness the power of the alarm function of the HM. I always set a low and high alarm for the pit temp so that I can intervene if it starts coming off the rails too quickly.

Not much of a bummer, still makes great food, just not pretty graphs for bragging rights. I've got too much time on my hands right now too, so I'm trying a few things & have time to ***** about good food :) I had a laptop open & pitdroid on the alarms, didn't need to intervene. I think the HM is cool, so I use it - but I can keep the temp steadier w/o- my current control system can't keep up w/the Keg. Plotting my 3D printer build/purchase for ~2yrs.....

Back