Reheating brisket and butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Vrobel

TVWBB Member
My overnight cook of beef brisket and pork butt was a success, but it left me with a question.

I refrigerated the brisket and the butt with the intent of reheating them later in the day, just before serving. When the time came, I was in a hurry, so I sliced half the brisket, and pulled half the pork. I put the sliced/pulled meat on a sheet pan, covered it in aluminum foil, and heated it in the oven at 200*F until the meat was hot.
This worked pretty well, but the results seemed to have dried out a bit. Luckily, my barbecue sauce was good enough that no one else noticed
smile.gif
. I did, though. When I was pulling the pork, it was practically melting in my fingers, but when I had the sandwich, it needed barbecue sauce to not be too dry.

I got the impression from some other posts that reheating sliced or pulled meat is done fairly often for large barbecues. Does anyone have tips on how to reheat refrigerated brisket or butt without drying it out?

Chicken broth works real well(only need a little add it the meat while reheating).
Spreading it out on sheet pan would also cause it to be little drier. It may take longer but keep it in a mass when reheating and you should get less moisture loss.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back