Red Chicken Enchiladas My Way

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Grilled up some chicken that was seasoned with some Lawry's Seasoning salt, black pepper and granulated garlic and a couple of small chunks of hickory for smoke.
IMG_0760.jpg

Cooked up some diced onion and chunked up and put the chicken in the pan.
IMG_0763.jpg

Some greeen onions, yellow peppers and corn tortillas on the grill. Wanted the tortillas crispy so they will hold up better in the sauce.
IMG_0764.jpg

Dumped some red enchilada sauce in with the onion and chicken and then cut the tortillas in half and put them in the pan just long enough to get a coating of sauce on them.
IMG_0765.jpg

Then placed a layer of tortillas and then some chicken and then a layer of shredded cheese. Forgot to take a pic of the cheese but you get the idea. Did this three times but the last layer I put the cheese on top of the tortillas.
IMG_0766.jpg

Then on the grill to warm and firm everything up.
IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

Yellow peppers and some noples.
IMG_0771.jpg

Plated. Enchiladas toppeed with some sour cream, lettuce, tomato and some Tapatio hot sauce and served with the nopales, yellow pepper, and some pinto beans.
IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

John, I just took a knife and fork to my screen to try to get a bite of those. That's some serious good eats. Great job!

OOOOH Man! Those look amazing John! You really like them nopales don't you? I grew up around them, but find them a little sour for my liking. The mercado near me sells them cleaned and diced. I just can't bear them. They are loaded with iron for you guys that need it.
icon_wink.gif

Back