Rainy Memorial Day Camping Cooks

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
It took a while, but I was able to get a reservation at our favorite campground for this holiday weekend!
And it rained all weekend! As a matter of fact, it’s rained about 80% of the weekends this year! 🤬
But we still went and had a good time!
Saturday morning, we had bagel sandwiches and hash browns on the griddle. IMG_3196.jpeg
We then went and got the grandsons. Their mom and dad were going to a wedding and we had volunteered to watch them. Luckily, we have a smart TV, sketchy internet and they brought some games, so they didn’t drive us totally bonkers!
Pammi air fried a version of shake & bake pork chops and good old box mac & cheese for dinner. I was going to cook them on the griddle, but young boys still have weird tastes, so air fried it was
Breakfast was bacon and pancakes on the griddle and Pammi scrambled some eggs inside IMG_3198.jpegIMG_3199.jpegIMG_3200.jpeg
Lunchtime, the boys got returned to their mom and we got quiet! 🤣🤣
For dinner, we had something I saw on Facebook, smash burger tacos!
IMG_3201.jpegIMG_3203.jpegIMG_3204.jpeg
My technique must have been off, because the tortillas were both crispy AND soggy where the burger was cooked on it. I threw some more on and moved the burgers onto the warmed tortillas. It was tasty and I’ll try this again!
Last breakfast was this morning, bacon, hash browns and bagels on the griddle IMG_3206.jpeg
But we did have fun, even if it rained all weekend! And, as usual, we ate well!
Thanks for looking everyone!

Back