Rack of Pork on Performer

Monty House

TVWBB Pro
Had a group tonight so thawed an 8-rib Rack of Pork. Rubbed on a thin layer of garlic paste, followed by thyme, rosemary, S&P. Performer was rock steady with 360 indirect temp. KBB with a hunk of applewood. Took an hour and change. Meant to pull somewhere in 140-145 range but got distracted; it was closer to 150. That said, juicy and tender. Even a slight smoke ring! People loved it; lots of bone-gnawin' around the table! Used a NYT mustard sauce recipe with applesauce, asparagus and roasted mixed veggies. Home run! Keep your eyes peeled for one (or two or three) on your next Costco outing. Usually available around Easter and the autumn.

VPRlPpb.jpg

mthGoAO.jpg

3Fgj8vL.jpg

CCMOKoj.jpg

Looks outstanding Monty. Great photos also, those slices look amazing. Like the inclusion of apple sauce in your menu. When I was a kid my Mom would always have a bowl of apple sauce whenever we had pork. Kind of got away from it over the years, but will remember it for future meals.

That is a seriously good looking rack of pork chops, excellent color, i bet that was very tasty. A job well done sir.

That's the most impossibly perfect rack I've ever seen. Actually; I'm not even certain I've seen a pork rack in public. Now I feel compelled to seek and find!

One of the things I really like about a Rack of Pork is--when you saw away the loin--you get to chew on really meaty babyback ribs!

One of the things I really like about a Rack of Pork is--when you saw away the loin--you get to chew on really meaty babyback ribs!

Exactly! They aren’t too hard to find around here so, I count myself lucky!
I am sorry the old butcher at my neighborhood market retired, he used to make me up the nicest crown roasts on very short order!

Clint, you’ve got the skills to spin straw into something good, I’m waiting for you to do one of these! My crown roast method was basic indirect, rubbed with Florida seasoned pepper and granulated garlic, roughly fifty minutes. Prove for proper temperature of course.
Some folks like to stuff them with bread stuffing, I just want the pork! Fresh applesauce on the side, maybe cornbread,
AuGratin potatoes, roast asparagus, broccoli?
I blew my back out yesterday and can’t step out the door to even consider grilling but, I’m really getting hungry for some roast pork!

Back