Quarter Pound Bacon Dogs

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
I picked up a 5 pound bag of quarter pound dogs today. Decided we were due for some bacon
wrapped dogs. To go along with the dogs we will be having corn on the cob seasoned with Cajun
Creole Butter and wrapped in foil. Potatoes, seasoned with Penzeys Adobo, will be cooked with
some butter in a CI pan. Potatoes were zapped for about 4 minutes in the microwave to give them
a head start.
DSC_7666-2.jpg

Corn and the CI potatoes, which I added some spicy pickled garlic, were put onto the Performer.
DSC_7671.jpg

Dogs all wrapped up in bacon and seasoned with Penzeys BBQ 3000.
DSC_7673.jpg

Dogs were put onto the grill and the potatoes were moved to direct heat for about 10 minutes to finish up.
DSC_7677.jpg

Potatoes and garlic are done and off the grill.
DSC_7679.jpg

Corn is done!
DSC_7682.jpg

Dogs are done!
DSC_7691.jpg

Here’s your plate!
DSC_7698.jpg

A quick and delicious Thursday night meal with the dogs being extremely flavorful for their size.
They were real juicy and the bacon added another layer of flavor.

Thanks for looking!

Great lookin' Quarter pound bacon dogs, Mike. I'm really thinking that the wifey and I need to move down to Georgia, with all the great cooks you keep posting.
icon_smile.gif

Any homes for sale in your neighborhood?
icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Wow I have never seen quarter pound dogs!! Nice! I love bacon wrapped dogs! My mother in law in So-Cal use to send me bacon wrapped dogs from the Mexican grocery stores! Loved them!

I saw "Quarter Pound Bacon Dogs" and thought, that sounds so healthy, I have to take a look!

And they do look good! I'll have to try that.

Back