Q 2800N+ Review

I like the front access to the drip tray. Would like to see some variation cooking with different temps for different burner configs and volume.

I think it would have been nice if they separated the burners like the Napoleon portable. A circle on each side. Would have made zoning possible.

I am pretty impressed with the new design of the "+", not so much esthetically, but practically speaking. The one complaint some have had with the old 200/2000 Qs is that they may not have as much heating power compared to the smaller 100/1000 or the "big" Q 3200 with its dual burners. This design brings that 2nd burner extra power and versatility to a grill that is still realistic to tote to a picnic or use for camping. I also agree about the greatly improved front pull out for the drip tray. The old design was kind of annoying.

Qs often don't get the credit they are due. Used within the parameters of their design - primarily high heat cooking as was demonstrated - they can hold their own with - and even exceed - many full-size grills.

$399 is a little steep, but this is one new Weber where I feel you are getting true quality the Weber name used to always ensure. So, you have to pay for that. Or, you can wait a few years for these to start popping up used!

Last edited:
You can't zone on a Q but you can indirect with trays.
I do just fine. But, to each their own. I have had no issues running a hot and cool zone. It's just "different". It's just like those people who say they can't make zones on an old side winder. They too, zone just fine, just "different". You may not "like" how they do it. That's fine. But, I can do everything on them with no issues. To me, the Q3XX reminds me more of an old "true" Genesis in the way they operate.
Personally I am flexible. Never had zoning issues on the Summit, the Genesis or my Wolf. Or my Q320 either. I like them all and work with them all

$399 is a little steep, but this is one new Weber where I feel you are getting true quality the Weber name used to always ensure. So, you have to pay for that. Or, you can wait a few years for these to start popping up used!
Went and ordered one from Home Depot was able to use my Veteran's discount and total was 388.12 not bad and I got what I'm calling Carolina Blue one!
1711472343665.png

Should have it on April 8th and I'll do a unboxing for it and post it here!

I will be watching for your review, Garvin. I like the light (Carolina) blue myself. I think you got a good deal that brought it down to a decent price. From what I have seen so far, I think you are going to really like it. Keep us posted and with lots of pictures!

So, now with the advent of this (fine looking I might add) product, did I read correctly it's the end of Q3XXX grills?

So, now with the advent of this (fine looking I might add) product, did I read correctly it's the end of Q3XXX grills?
Larry,
My understanding is that there will continue to be three versions of the new Q, including a new "large" Q model and 2 styles of the mid-size Q (one with a single burner and this one with dual burners) and finally a new small Q.

Currently it seems Weber is only selling this new mid-size 2-burner model in the US. Maybe they are trying to clear out their inventory of the previous model of Q grills.

Larry,
My understanding is that there will continue to be three versions of the new Q, including a new "large" Q model and 2 styles of the mid-size Q (one with a single burner and this one with dual burners) and finally a new small Q.

Currently it seems Weber is only selling this new mid-size 2-burner model in the US. Maybe they are trying to clear out their inventory of the previous model of Q grills.
Based on my recent experiences that would tell me it's a good time to start checking out the Ace Hardware stores and all the big box stores as well for great deals on liquidation priced Weber Qs.

The Q-3200 is no longer being made.

I have one in hold locally and am torn on wether to pick it up.

I love my Q-320 but it’s old.

I would miss it.

I did order a new grate and igniter for my 320. I’d like it to last another year and a half.

The Q-3200 is no longer being made.

I have one in hold locally and am torn on wether to pick it up.

I love my Q-320 but it’s old.

I would miss it.

I did order a new grate and igniter for my 320. I’d like it to last another year and a half.
Bruno,
Barring something catastrophic, I would think a replacement of the grate, igniter and burner (if it needs it) is all your Q-320 should need for many more years of service. The 3200 is a little flashier looking, but cooks exactly the same. I haven't seen much about the next generation large Q to comment on it. Who knows when we will have it available here.

Bruno,
Barring something catastrophic, I would think a replacement of the grate, igniter and burner (if it needs it) is all your Q-320 should need for many more years of service. The 3200 is a little flashier looking, but cooks exactly the same. I haven't seen much about the next generation large Q to comment on it. Who knows when we will have it available here.
Yeah I figure it would last a few years for sure.
I’m just wondering if I’ll be mad I didn’t grab the 3200 while it’s still around.
I always cook my meat on the performer and the veggies in the 320, it’s a nice set up.

Based on my recent experiences that would tell me it's a good time to start checking out the Ace Hardware stores and all the big box stores as well for great deals on liquidation priced Weber Qs.
The Ace that has a 3200 won’t budge on the price.

Back