Pulled Pork storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin O.

TVWBB Member
Hey all. I've got some guests comming over Tuesday, so I offered to put my new-found skills to use and have pulled pork sandwiches ready. I'm working Monday and Tuesday morning so I'm going to smoke this weekend. I've got two bone-in butts that weigh a bit over 7 lbs each. Planning on an overnighter tonight. I've done that before a few times with much success.

My question is, I'll have the meat ready sometime tomorrow, but people aren't comming over for another 48 hours. I usually vaccum save and freeze what I don't eat that day, but that seems kind of silly to freeze for two days and then defrost. Will the meat be ok sitting in the fridge, cooked? How about reheating? Microwave with some apple juice, or is there a better method? Thanks in advance.

konevik

IMO zip lock bags in the frig should be fine. Try to get as much air out of them as possible. Microwave with AJ does fine but be careful not to "cook" it. Another way is a warm-up in a crockpot. The advantage with that is continues to stay warm for the seconds which are inevitable with the pulled pork. Warming up in a low temp oven, say 250, after spraying with AJ will also work.

I recommend you seaon with your rub after you pull and before you put in the frig. No amount of seasoning will penetrate the inside of a 7 lb butt and it will take the seasoning better when warm.

I think you're going to have some happy guest.

Paul

I would put the pork in some aluminum 1/2 pans and cover with foil or the aluminum cover they make. Reheat in oven at 220-230 and you will be fine. I usually put in a chaffer dish to hold and the 1/2 pans make this real easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back