Price increases

BCreel

I've been waiting for the Performer Deluxe to restock on Weber's website and noticed the prices jumped a lot today. The black model is now $549 from $499 and the colors are $579 from $499! Should have pulled the trigger earlier in the year ...

Inflation hits everything. Even if it gets under control, do not expect prices to drop. Might as well buy now before it goes higher.

Or just check FB MarketPlace, CL, OfferUp for a nice used one. It's not unusual to find gas assist Performer Deluxes, newer ones, for $200-$300 (of course price will vary by region and condition).

Weber reported recently that their shipping container costs rose in one quarter from $4k to $15k per container. Those costs are being passed along to consumers. Same goes for COOK (Traeger).

i was close: ""In Q1 2021 our global blended inbound cost of container was in the $3,500 to $4,500 range. Today, we are paying $14,000 and $16,000 on average per container, a year-over-year cost escalation of three to four times," said Horton. "

Just came back from HD to get gutter guards.
Went thru the grill section and sticker shock hit me on the Weber charcoal stuff.

Just looked at the Weber site. Prices are pretty much nuts. Assume you want a 3-burner. For a Spirit E-330 with side burner and sear it is $819. Move to the cheapest Genesis, the E-325s with sear and it is $899 and not much more unless you have to have the side burner. To get the side and sear, the E-335 sets you back $1319. That is pretty much a $400 side burner.

Just looked at the Weber site. Prices are pretty much nuts. Assume you want a 3-burner. For a Spirit E-330 with side burner and sear it is $819. Move to the cheapest Genesis, the E-325s with sear and it is $899 and not much more unless you have to have the side burner. To get the side and sear, the E-335 sets you back $1319. That is pretty much a $400 side burner.
Again welcome to 2022 and the inflation nation. This is going to get much worse from here before it has a chance of getting better, sad as it is to say.

Some of my friends see the (3) 22” kettles (Black/Red/Copper) that I have yet to break into my arsenal as me as a hoarder. When I do the math & put pen to paper, knowing that I only spent 3 bills on these, I almost feel I like knew something, lol!

you're optimistic. i don't even see the catalyst that will move the needle to "normal" from this unreasonable market.
Maybe, but that optimism is pointing to a period possibly 100 years in the future, tied directly to a reset of values both moral and economical in nature.

I do hope Weber will still be around at that time.

Some of my friends see the (3) 22” kettles (Black/Red/Copper) that I have yet to break into my arsenal as me as a hoarder. When I do the math & put pen to paper, knowing that I only spent 3 bills on these, I almost feel I like knew something, lol!
Nothing wrong with planning ahead. Grasshoppers always would prefer to view the Ant as a villain("the hoarder") rather than accept responsibility and blame for their own decisions.

Nothing wrong with having backups. Those three new grills can be passed on to your heirs, or just be ready in case of some unforseen accident that kills the one you have now. Regardless, you are set since you planned ahead. 👍

yep everything is going up, especially meat prices...feed prices are also adding to that mix, get a vac sealer and save leftovers...

things that I am glad that I purchased right before pandemic hit america- new SUV - riding lawn mower - both were in short supply for a couple of years after and prices have risen since....I am seriously thinking about adding a performer, after that I think Im good with bbq purchases for a long while

yep everything is going up, especially meat prices...feed prices are also adding to that mix, get a vac sealer and save leftovers...

things that I am glad that I purchased right before pandemic hit america- new SUV - riding lawn mower - both were in short supply for a couple of years after and prices have risen since....I am seriously thinking about adding a performer, after that I think Im good with bbq purchases for a long while
Yep. Ordered my new Subaru Outback in Jan 2020 just before everything came crashing down. Used value is now more than I paid. My daughter's washer just died on her so I bought her one. Cost is now about what a washer/dryer set was. You just have to hope you do not need a car or appliance right now.

Yep. Ordered my new Subaru Outback in Jan 2020 just before everything came crashing down. Used value is now more than I paid. My daughter's washer just died on her so I bought her one. Cost is now about what a washer/dryer set was. You just have to hope you do not need a car or appliance right now.
Going down the main isle yesterday at HD and walked by a $3500 refrigerator.o_O
That just blew my mind...

When you compare a Genesis gas grill with a gas kitchen stove in the $12-1500 range, you see how much we are overcharged.

Back