Potato Salad help needed

I have a partial Potato Salad Recipe, and i need to know what herbs and/or spices you think might fit. The essential ingredients are the following.

Bunch of boiled poitatoes
bunch of caramalized onions
lotsa pieces of pancetta, cut in small cubes and well sauteed

I'll use mayo for the moisture, but aside from salt and peps, does anyone recommend any other spices? It is being served with ribs.

All thoughts welcome.

Cheers,

Michael

Celery, chives, parsley, horseradish or wasabi, celery salt or seed. If using celery seed don't over do it.

Hmmmmmm....

Originally posted by Don Irish:
Thanks Larry,
I LOVE potato salad…this is my WSM version I threw together tonight...

Sure wish you'd post this recipe in the Side Dishes Recipe Forums, it'll be forgotten in here.

Regards,
Chris

I haven't figured out the quote thingy yet. Copy and paste works for now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne Truelove:
Hmmmmmm....

Originally posted by Don Irish:
Thanks Larry,
I LOVE potato salad…this is my WSM version I threw together tonight...

Sure wish you'd post this recipe in the Side Dishes Recipe Forums, it'll be forgotten in here.

Regards,
Chris

I haven't figured out the quote thingy yet. Copy and paste works for now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wayne, you mean this one right? Potato salad post

Yup! I missed it somehow and was hoping it would get posted...thanks!

And thanks for all you've done, with help, for Lance. That's very cool!

Mike, love my potato salad gloopy. I add mustard and apple cider vinegar to give it the mooshy taste and a little tartness. Don't know if mooshy and gloopy are real words put they fit
icon_biggrin.gif

Those are great ideas. I especially iike the wasabi. My personal secret ingredient iin almost everything is Keen's mustard powder, but wasabi will stand up better to the ribs. It's a different kind of kick. I'll porbably go for medium gloopy.

Cheers,
Michael

Potatoe salad is really versatile.

It can be sweet or vinegary, mustardy, with or without eggs. Celery, green onions and Hellman's mayo are essential for what I think of as standard potatoe salad. I like to use red potatoes and leave the skins on.

I really like thinly sliced radishes in there, sometimes I put bbq rub in (same rub as what's on the meat I'm serving it with), or fresh baby dill chopped up is a nice twist. Hy's or Lawry's seasoning salt works as an all in one, sometimes I just use S&P.

Experiment, keep some notes and have fun!!

I like to add roasted pepper puree. Last time I made it I added chopped seeded tomato and a puree that I had made of roasted habanero, jalapeno, and poblano. It was awesome. I posted the reicpe I use in the side dishes under Southwestern Potato Salad. I don't pretend to take credit though, it's Bobby Flay's recipe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gerry D.:
I like to add roasted pepper puree. Last time I made it I added chopped seeded tomato and a puree that I had made of roasted habanero, jalapeno, and poblano. It was awesome. I posted the reicpe I use in the side dishes under Southwestern Potato Salad. I don't pretend to take credit though, it's Bobby Flay's recipe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Now that just sounds good! Yet another example of versatility!

Back