Pork steaks on the Mini

Sean H

TVWBB Pro
I put together a mini a couple months ago, and have found it pretty useful when doing smaller cooks. Yesterday I did some pork steaks.

I rubbed two pork steaks up with some Penzey's BBQ 3000. Wrapped them in plastic wrap, and put them in the fridge for several hours. I took them out, put them on the counter, and fired up the mini. Here's a pic of the mini warming up.

VIXOota.jpg

After about 90 minutes between 275-300f, they were pretty tender. So I painted them with some "Sticky Fingers Memphis Original Barbecue Sauce," and cooked them for another 15-20 minutes.

KexXlH9.jpg

Here's a plated pic:

6B8VAUO.jpg

I have to say, I am really glad I put together this mini smoker. I'm able to keep very steady temperatures, for very long periods of time, using very little fuel. It's perfect when making dinner for two. Plus, I am able to achieve higher temps than I can currently get in my WSM (think I've seasoned it *too* well).

I have to say, I am really glad I put together this mini smoker. I'm able to keep very steady temperatures, for very long periods of time, using very little fuel. It's perfect when making dinner for two. Plus, I am able to achieve higher temps than I can currently get in my WSM (think I've seasoned it *too* well).

I may have to look into making one of these......

Looking good Sean!!
I love the mini we have... I told my son he can have it but he lets me borrow it...:)

minis do seem pretty cool, might have to make one too. after having just bought a 22 inch wsm the wife said i'm done with "toys" for a while

Awesome job on the pork steaks and sides, Sean! The mini is so nice for smaller cooks and sure is a charcoal miser. You are gonna love it!!

Back