Pork Steak

Darrell J.

TVWBB Fan
I don't ever hear these puppies mentioned that much on the forums. I used to have them all the time in St. Louis. Does anyone know what cut of meat they are and how to cook them?

Darrell, I believe that pork steak comes from the pork shoulder. As for cooking them, I haven't had one in years, so I'm no help there.

If I recall correctly, they are just sliced pork butt. I used to cook them quite often. Just seasoned them up, grilled them like any other steak (cooking more done than I would for beef, of course), using a little smoke wood for added flavor. Better than a pork chop, in my opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darrell J.:
... Does anyone know what cut of meat they are and how to cook them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Check this link.

Paul

Darrel

Do a search under Pork recipes and type in "country ribs" for some more ideas. I've done them and like them. Be careful about the amount of smokewood because they do tend to suck it up.

Paul

Back