pork getting cold too quick!! help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_W

TVWBB Super Fan
Yesterday I smoked 3 racks of spares and carried them to work at lunch. They go pretty fast but still get cold quickly. Anybody use a chafing dish or any other method of keeping pork warm while being served? Ribs and butts just ain't to good cold. Sams has one for 54 bucks that uses those little cans of fuel. Is there an electric one available? Recommendations??? What yall using?

Thanks, Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Susan Z:
[qb] Why not nuke 'em? If you have a microwave, they nuke handsomely. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What I mean is after they are put out to serve. By the time a dozen folks get around for seconds they are cold. I need a way to keep them warm during serving.

You are correct about pulled pork cooling down quickly. Having each person nuke their seconds at a low setting probably would work but isn't too glamorous. Thinking out loud - what about an oval crockpot on low with apple juice sprayed on the pork to keep it moist? The trick, of course, is to keep it warm but not dry it out.

Just a thought, and maybe not a real good one. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Paul

Invest in a chaffer pan. These will hold two half aluminum pans for ease of cleanup. We own five of them.

You also can find some disposable chaffers. They have enough parts for two chaffers and you can reuse them if you replace the 1/2 pans. You can find these for about $18.00 for two of them. They are cheap enough we take them to parties and leave them.

You can get a slow-cooker for under $40.00 at
any discount store (Target/K-mart, etc.).
Put a 1/2 cup water in with the pulled pork
and put the cover on and set it on low.
I served warm pork all day during the SuperBowl. Just add a little more water every once and a while. Works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back