Pork chop question.

Arun L.

TVWBB All-Star
I went shopping for this recipe.

The recipe called for 4 bone in pork chops.

There was only one pack of bone in pork chops, and there were only 3 pork chops in it. I saw other packs of boneless pork chops, which had 4+.

Since the recipe called for bone in, that's what I got. But I don't have much experience with pork chops. Is there much of a difference, and do people like one over the other? Could the recipe have worked with boneless?

Bone-in meats tend to be a little juicier and have a bit more flavor. Having said that, I don't shy away from boneless either.

IMO, the single biggest crime committed against pork in general is to over cook it. Cook those chops just until they're done. If they're up to temp, they may still have just a blush of pink in the middle, and in this day & age, that's just fine (no trichinosis from commercially raised pork in something like 50+ years.)

My favorite pork (next to tenderloin) is a pork ribeye roast. I cut them into steaks. They have just enough marbling to make them juicy and flavorful. Are good for dishes like yours as well as to toss on the grill. And, as said above, do not overcook pork.

Bone-in meats tend to be a little juicier and have a bit more flavor. Having said that, I don't shy away from boneless either.

IMO, the single biggest crime committed against pork in general is to over cook it. Cook those chops just until they're done. If they're up to temp, they may still have just a blush of pink in the middle, and in this day & age, that's just fine (no trichinosis from commercially raised pork in something like 50+ years.)
My favorite pork (next to tenderloin) is a pork ribeye roast. I cut them into steaks. They have just enough marbling to make them juicy and flavorful. Are good for dishes like yours as well as to toss on the grill. And, as said above, do not overcook pork.

Thanks everyone. I don't think I've made pork chops before, so I'll keep this in mind.

Back