Poll: Propane Cost

Lenny Gurvich

Hey gang. Just a quick poll if you don't mind. I'm curious how my local propane price compares to other areas. In Tampa I pay $17 for a 20lb tank refill currently.

Refill on a 20# tank costs me 14.99 at a place just down the street from me -- gotta love it.

I was filling mine at U-Haul for $20-$25 a bottle or doing the exchange at the grocerie stores (I know the lazy way) for about $20 for a 3/4 full bottle. Last time I went to U-Haul they were having issues with the pump. I ended up going to a Propane distributor and paid about $.63 w/tax. can you say U-Who?

I pay about 20 Euros ($30) to exchange an 11Kg (25 pound) bottle, or 23 Euros ($36) to exchange a 10Kg (22 pound) composite bottle. That's considered cheap around here. You can pay much more.

I use composite bottles. Although they're more expensive to exchange, I like that they're lighter and that I can see how much gas I have.

-Mark.

A little over 17 bucks for a 20lber in the Milwaukee area. Menards is the cheapest and quickest, if you're in a hurry.

Hey George C.
Take your exchange tank to Suburban Propane on Ave. 296 in Visalia, if your close enough. Not only is it cheaper, but you'll get a full tank. The exchange tanks programs only give you around 15 lbs or 3-1/2 to 4 gals.
On Wed. up hear they take off an extra $.20 per gal.
Check it out.

thanks mac. i'm not that far from them. i don't use very much gas at all but will remember that !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mac McClure:
Hey George C.
Take your exchange tank to Suburban Propane on Ave. 296 in Visalia, if your close enough. Not only is it cheaper, but you'll get a full tank. The exchange tanks programs only give you around 15 lbs or 3-1/2 to 4 gals.
On Wed. up hear they take off an extra $.20 per gal.
Check it out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

$11 Canadian at Costco for a 20lber. Not too long ago it was $10....

Why so expensive in the USA???

Burt
icon_smile.gif

In Whittier, California the place I go charges by the gallon. Yesterday it was $3.99 a gallon.

There are a few exchange places in the area. I have a smaller tank I take camping and a regular size for my grill. I think it's a better value when they just charge you for what you get.

I also do the exchange thing. It's about $22-24 depending on where I go. There is a place acroos the road that charges $22,but they run out a lot. WM also does the exchange,but it is a MAJOR PIA. It also isn't any less expensive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eddie C:
About $12 here at the camp trailer dealer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And the camp trailer dealer is where?

Back