Please help!!!!! New performer with sticky one touch system

RGleason

TVWBB Super Fan
Got a brand new performer that was assembled at the local hardware store. Checked everything except the one touch system! It is hard as hell to open and close like something is bent. How the heck do i take it apart to adjust it? I don't see any bolt or anything to loosen the parts??? I tried bending it a little with a screwdriver and may have messed it worse so I need to take it apart and bend it back.......

Taking it back is not an option---- was a pain to fit it assembled in our little SUV.....

Congrats on the new performer, sorry to hear about the sticky on touch system. I take it you have the newer style with the 'H' in the middle. To take it apart you need to put a slot screw driver underneath between the washer and the handle while twisting and the handle will slide out.

instructions should tell you how to deal with the ots. and then put it back correctly and bend as needed. they won't seal perfectly but should be close.

instructions should tell you how to deal with the ots. and then put it back correctly and bend as needed. they won't seal perfectly but should be close.

That's the thing---- instructions didn't deal with OTS.

Gonna try Dave O'S advice tomorrow. Will keep you all updated. Thx again for the help!!!!

Before you take it apart, note the exact order and location of each leaf.
(might want to mark each leaf)
Will make the re-install a little easier.

You guys rock! Got the One touch unit apart and bent it back to fit. I figured out that the issue was actually that the slot in the ash catcher where the one touch handle slides side to side was bent and needed adjustment. I also bent and adjusted the lip where the ash bowl slides out because it was a little off as well. Got her dialed in now!!!! Thanks again! I'm gonna make a new post with pics of her and the first cook!

Back