Pizza Stones Size - 22.5

Mac LA

TVWBB Super Fan
Just a quick question for those that run em, what size stone are you using and this is in place of the water pan or above it?

I've tried water, testing out sand now but giving some though to a stone, mostly because the sand adds quite a bit of weight (I think I'm going to stick to dry method, either sand or stone).

I replaced the lower grate with the same size at the top grate so it can sit on the bolts rather than the water pan itself, so should I just use the OEM lower grate size that sit on the pan?

Thanks

Bored Johnny

Just a quick question for those that run em, what size stone are you using and this is in place of the water pan or above it?

I've tried water, testing out sand now but giving some though to a stone, mostly because the sand adds quite a bit of weight (I think I'm going to stick to dry method, either sand or stone).

I replaced the lower grate with the same size at the top grate so it can sit on the bolts rather than the water pan itself, so should I just use the OEM lower grate size that sit on the pan?

Thanks

Bored Johnny

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?640...yone-have-any-successful-experiences-to-share this is my link on the same track as you. There are a couple of ideas here you might find useful.

A forum member named Enrico will probably post shortly extolling the virtues of the 21" California Pizza Stone which costs about $75 + shipping but weighs a healthy 11kgs. He absolutely swears by it. Looks like it will have to replace the lower grill though but still trying to get feedback from users about options for retaining the lower grill while using this stone. Its about 3/4" think so would bring the surface of the stone up to or above the point that the lower grill would rest. Hence some of my questions.

Conversely, a 1/4" piece of sheet steel costs not much and cut to 525mm diameter would weight in at about 30lbs but being much thinner, might still allow the lower grill to sit in place although I suspect a baking rack or similar might be useful underneath to put a little space between the steel and the grill. Good hunting

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?640...yone-have-any-successful-experiences-to-share this is my link on the same track as you. There are a couple of ideas here you might find useful.

A forum member named Enrico will probably post shortly extolling the virtues of the 21" California Pizza Stone which costs about $75 + shipping but weighs a healthy 11kgs. He absolutely swears by it. Looks like it will have to replace the lower grill though but still trying to get feedback from users about options for retaining the lower grill while using this stone. Its about 3/4" think so would bring the surface of the stone up to or above the point that the lower grill would rest. Hence some of my questions.

Conversely, a 1/4" piece of sheet steel costs not much and cut to 525mm diameter would weight in at about 30lbs but being much thinner, might still allow the lower grill to sit in place although I suspect a baking rack or similar might be useful underneath to put a little space between the steel and the grill. Good hunting

Yeah, I'm trying to cut down on weight so I guess I should weigh the sand I have in now..lol

As stated above, I have a larger grate sitting on the lower bolts, not the water pan, so a pizza stone of the same size should fit (me thinking out loud). If it's 3/4 I might have enough clearance with my setup..

Thanks for the specs, helps me a bit.

Thanks, I've seen this site before, really trying to gauge size first.

Back