Pizza Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read good comments about the Big Green egg pizza stone over on the BGE forum, and equally bad comments about the one from Pampered Chef.

Check out Fred's BBQ and Music Supply's web site and see what Fred is using - I would go with that. Fred is a pizza fiend.

Pat

I have cracked a couple of generic pizza stones, so I went with the BGE stone and have been very happy with it. I believe it is made from the same ceramic as the egg itself and can withstand some serious heat.

Check out Red SkY Grilling. I have one of their stones and it is sized for the performer. I love it and get good pizzas. Their site has many tips on grilling pizza.

Mike

I have the one from Red Sky Grilling products. Like already stated, it is perfect for a 22 inch kettle. We use it at least once a week making pizza for the family.

Patrick

Hi,
I was using an Emille Henry 14" pizza stone in my performer with great results, that is until high winds in NY blew my performer right off the patio last week (luckily it was off and not being used). The stone was in grill from the night before and did not survive the tumble, having split in two. But before that used it a lot with no problems. It can go right on the grill over direct heat but I got better results using the indirect cooking method. The stone has molded handles on it so we would take straight from the grill to the table. we actually still using the two halves for making pizzas while we wait for the replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back