Pizza, and my first non transfer related failure

JSMcdowell

TVWBB All-Star
I haven’t made pizza in awhile, but did find 2 frozen balls of dough, from Rita’s Dough Recipe. I set them out Wednesday night in the fridge to thaw overnight, then in bowls to proof while I was at work.

I picked some basil & tomatoes from the garden and the mozzarella from the local market. Would love to make my own mozzarella as well, but that’s not a weekday after work type project.

Also heated up some pulled pork to make a pulled pork pizza.

I tried something to keep the coals around the ring. My stone did not heat up as much as normal, so the top was nice and done, but the bottom could have used a few minutes. I should have preheated the stone for a bit with the lid on.

IMAG0844.jpg

Margherita on first

IMAG0847.jpg

And off

IMAG0848.jpg

So now I get the pork & bbq sauce ready for the pulled pork pizza. Apply a little sauce to the dough, put some cornmeal on the stone, turn around to grab the peel and end up adding dirt as a topping….

IMAG0849.jpg

Now fortunately I had not added the pulled pork or cheese, I do that once on the stone. Also, fortunately I was in a fairly relaxed mood starting all of this and was only cooking for myself, not guests. Otherwise I might have been getting the peel off my roof, front yard, or a neighbors back yard. So I ran inside to see what I could do. Found a nice roll in the fridge, cut it out and toasted it for a couple mins. Then added some bbq sauce, the pulled pork, cheese, and a little more bbq sauce to create the Qtalian, coming to a subway near you soon.

IMAG0850.jpg

IMAG0852.jpg

Obviously needed a beer with this dinner. Had to step it up from a Miller Lite though.

IMAG0853.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Bummer about the pizza hitting the ground, but, man, that sandwich sure looked good!!!! Great come back!!!!!

Josh, sometimes asphalt also requires good food.

butt then, sometimes poop happens.

Nice post, and very sorry your second fell
icon_frown.gif

you took it in stride and that's cool.
You're a good man Josh McDowell!

Good looking pizza and u handled your mishap like a real man(just add beer! It will work out!)

Nice cook!

Great looking pizza and a nice save. How do you like the Brooklyn Ale? I've been getting them lately, nice change of pace from my usual stouts.

Back