Pitmaster IQ problems

mike_rich

TVWBB Member
Hey guys, I bought a pit master iq last year and had a few good cooks with it. Towards the end of the summer, it stopped working. When I turned it on it would flash green, them blow for a few seconds, stop and then flash the red/green error.
I contacted pitmaster about this and they said I installed the temp probe wrong (even though I followed the YouTube instruction video to a T) and that caused the probe to burn out. So I purchased another probe, same problem. Pitmaster said I must have overheated the unit.
Fast forward to today, i was given a brand new unit for Christmas, first cook with it and the same problem.
To make things worse, I tried pitmaster's customer service line and it has been disconnected. If anyone can help, let me know!

Quick update. Pitmaster contacted me and is sending a packing label to return the units. I'll keep you updated.

I've had a pitmaster for about a year now as well. No probs yet but on the look out. Keep us posted on your issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_rich:
Quick update. Pitmaster contacted me and is sending a packing label to return the units. I'll keep you updated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike can you tell us how this was resolved?

Thanks,
Rolf

Any updates on whether your problems were resolved? I've heard that customer service for the iQue 110 can be iffy. I'd like to hear your experiences.

Sorry guys, turns out I had faulty temp probes. 1 was under warranty and replaced, the other I had to pay for. Both units are working fine now

Back