Pics From A Couple Of Past Cooks

Carlos Lopez

TVWBB Fan
So out of all places I reconnected with a good elementary/high school friend of mine, Andres L. who also happens to be a TVWBB member (This site is actually where we reconnected so thanks Chris & Weber) He had asked me to help him cook for daughters 8th grade graduation party on 6/15. Here are some pics from that day...

Andres made his own rub and bbq sauces and here are the 6 racks of baby backs that we tossed on my 22.5 WSM

We also cooked 20 lbs of chicken and 7 tri-tips on a santa maria grill that the park had

Andres checking the temp with his therma pen

Baby backs sauced and ready to cut

Cook was a success and got to see some old friends.

More pics to come...

Here I did 4 racks of spares the next day for fathers day at my in laws

No after shots but they were good!

This past sunday I smoked my 1st fatty. My parents just returned from San Antonio visiting familia so what better way to welcome them back with a good smoke.

Parents brought me a few rubs and sauces from "Tejas"

I made 2 fatties. The 1st one consisted of jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, onions & bell peppers. The 2nd one was more of a pizza style fatty which consisted of marinara sauce, olives, mushrooms & bell peppers.
Here I am smoothing out the sausage

Added some SM cherry and apple rub along with the marinara sauce

Added the ingredients

Both fatties sprinkled with brown sugar and drizzled with maple syrup, about to hit the smoker

My Dad's set up

After 2hrs and ready to be sliced

Sliced shots

Hope everyone had a great fathers day, I know I did....We found out that my wife is expecting with a due date of feb 2nd! :D Thanks for looking everyone and have a great week!

Wow!!! Awesome series of pics, Carlos. Everything looks delicious. So cool that you were able to reconnect with an old friend through this forum.:)

Also, congrats on your new little one that is on the way!!!!!

Awesome cooks Carlos - especially love the park cook with the santa maria grill - that's pretty nice for a park grill! Congrats on the news! That's the best part of all!!!

Carlos, I'm speechless and my mouth is watering. Amazing pictures. I love the look of all that chicken on the Santa Maria grill. And the ribs. Oh, man.

Great post and great pics Carlos..
What a great gift your jefito got you. Everything looks delicious carnal.

Back