Picnic Pork

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Erik Snyder:
Any advice on preparation or what to look for. I usually do butts but the butcher had these instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cook as you would a butt. Check for doneness closer to 190º however as picnics are not as marbled as the upper shoulder. Remove the skin if you want more bark, otherwise leave it in tact. Picnics will also have a little more waste and less yield than a butt. Other than that, I LOVE picnics, but cannot find fresh ones around here, they're all enhanced!!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Erik Snyder:
Enhanced with salt? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes (salt, fats, broth and sodium phosphates).....once cooked they taste like ham, same with enhance ribs.

The first time you use enhanced will be the last. It is gross!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rich Parker:

The first time you use enhanced will be the last. It is gross! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have to agree with that statement!

Bill

Back