Picked up some Peach and Orange wood at Bass Pro Shops today.

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
Hi all, I wasn't sure where to post this, but, I was at Bass Pro Shops today, and in the BBQ section, they had a very nice selection of wood. I picked up a bag of Peach wood chunks, and a small bag of Orange wood chips. It' s been a loooong time since I've used these woods. Bass Bro Shop also had Cherry, Alder, Hickory, Mesquite, Maple, and Jack Daniel's whiskey wood chips. They had a good selection of wood chunks too. I visited the Rancho Cucamonga CA. location.

The bag of wood chunks was $7.49, and the wood chips was $3.99 and $4.99 a bag.

Nice score on some wood!

I use peach quite a bit. Works great with pork. I haven't seen the orange at our BP down here.
Will check it out the next time I go.

Thanks Michael... That very close to my home. I will have to go and get some peach chunks.

I used to go there for my fishing stuff, Now its fishing crap (stuff) and BBQ stuff =) Try the Kick Butt Rib Rub next time u there. It is awesome.
Peter

Cool! Never tryed peach or Orange. I have smoked alot with wiskey/and red wine barrels chips...Cant say they add more then regular oak. But hey it smells good! Report back on the Orange wood will ya...

Since I live in the land of orange trees, I think I will take a ride with a saw and get me some, plenty of abandoned grooves around here......................d

I happened to be at Bass Pro in Cincinnati, Ohio today and picked up a large bag of Apple wood. They had a nice selection of wood chunks and chips.

FWIW
Dale53

Back