Photos of Red Jumbo Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff - looks fantastic. We should start our own "Red Jumbo Joe Appreciation Society!"

After seeing yours, I may be inspired to fire mine up tonight instead of my little Smokey Joe.

Pat

Thanks Pat...I dont think I could use mine. I have 3 main grills I use. I have an updated photo of a building collection I will post later. The new 93 red performer I had, I traded it to Stig Peterson at Weber in Europe for a couple grills.

Jeff - Indeed, I think you have me beat. And I'm like you - I cook on a Performer, a OTS with a Charcoal Rotisserie and my Genesis Silver (and the Weber Q220). I can't seem to bring myself to fire up the Canary Yellow BBQ Kettle, the Red Jumbo Joe, or the Blue OTG hanging out in the garage with a few other "family" members.

I do fire up a Smokey Joe on occasion when I'm cooking just for me.

I just like to look at them - not many folks understand that so it's nice to find some kindred spirits here!

Pat

Looks like there is a similar red joe on ebay right now. Current bid is $86. What a deal.

Search for "Weber Charcoal Grill Smokey Joe Platinum, RED, 18.5"

Jeff - will do on the Yellow Kettle. I got it from Bob Correll who is on the forum these days. He also found my Red Jumbo Joe.

Hey Bob! If you see a Red Genesis, Jr., let me know! I may make a drive for one of those!

Pat

Hey Bob! If you see a Red Genesis, Jr., let me know! I may make a drive for one of those!

Pat,
It's been slim pickin's around here lately.
Someone is trying to sell an 18" used WSM for $180 on CL.
I'm still looking for my dirt cheap, near home, 14" SJ.

oh no...I still have mine...its not going anywhere. Its part of my collection for good! Im aware of the one on ebay. That one actually belongs to a friend of mine! I acquired mine shortly before he found that one at an estate sale, otherwise I would have took it. He picked it up intending to give it to me, but I just got mine the week before. Certainly was a coincidence of knowing of/or finding two of them available in such a short amount of time.

Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
http://i442.photobucket.com/al...6/RedJumboJoe001.jpg
http://i442.photobucket.com/al...6/RedJumboJoe002.jpg
http://i442.photobucket.com/al...6/RedJumboJoe003.jpg

Here are a few pics of the Red Jumbo Joe I was lucky enough to find on Ebay. After some elbow grease, it cleaned up great and looks almost new. I have to put some new cooking grates on it of course!

What a score! On a side not..what kind of fish do you keep in that aquarium?

Oh...thanks! The tank behind that is a 90 gallon. It has several african clawed frogs in it. They are aquatic frogs. I also have a 120 gallon with African Cichlids in it.

I think the yellow ones are harder to find than the red. i got this one from a lady in oragon who bought it and all the accessory in the pics new in boxes. she used the grill one or two times and put it in her shed. even had a bag of charcoal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back