Photobook services recommendations.

Arun L.

TVWBB All-Star
Does anyone have a recommendation for someone that can take a physical album, scan the images, and create a photobook?

Not a lot of people will do the scanning. I've found a few that will, but I haven't decided on anyone yet.

I have 7 albums in total that I want done, but I'm starting with 2. One album has 115 images across 41 pages, and the other has 341 images across 98 pages.

I just want to use the same order that's already in the existing albums, as much as possible.

I don't need them re-arranged or designed differently. Nor do I need a fancy cover.

Just someone that can do that work, as well as preserve the same album total. So the images from the first album should go in one photobook, and from the other should go in a separate one. I don't want the photobooks split or mixed.

I have one. But scanning and maintaining 115 + 341 images for the first two albums is time consuming. Even if I were to do 3 images every 2 minutes.

Plus the images need to go back in those albums too.

Then there will be a few that I'll have to re-do, because maybe they were crooked or something.

Same with actually arranging them in a photobook, if I were to use an online platform.

That's why I want to send it to a one-stop solution.

The two companies that I've talked to that said they could do it, seem to selling me on more "design options" than I need. Or one of them is not as upfront about what that includes.

Got another quote today where the scanning charge was very reasonable.

However, there's still a heavy charge for the design, and it only includes 40 pages to start. That will mean that if I need about 98 pages for the 2nd photobook, because the physical album has about 98 pages, then I will have to add a lot of pages.

I'm trying to find someone with the right combination of:

1) Reasonable scanning fee
2) Not excessive design charge, since I just want to keep things simple.
3) Can accommodate a lot of pages.

Out of the quotes I've gotten so far, someone is always lacking in one of the areas.

I did find one which could accommodate a lot of pages, and the "extra page charge" was reasonable. But there was something else that held me back from deciding that that person was the best.

Lol I just realized that different people have different definition of pages. One service company clarified that one page is 2 sides.

I will have to get this clarified across the other vendors.

To me, I was counting one page as one side.

Back