Peruvian Chicken Sandwich

Tim Campbell

TVWBB Guru
Hi everyone. Made some killer sauce for this sando. I normally do this spatched and served with sides, but I recalled an old cook from Kenji at SeriousEats. Apologies...not many grilled shots.

Crazy flavor in this paste. Garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, black pepper, white vinegar, veg oil. Probably the best tool in my kitchen (besides me 😆) is my mortar and pestle. Never fails.
20230702_130732.jpg

BSCBs split in half. Marinated for about 3 hrs.
20230702_133038.jpg

The sauce ingredients.
20230702_135115.jpg

Sauce.
20230702_180551.jpg

Chicken on direct for about 5 min/side at ~475°.
This is mostly a HH cook. If you like less char, move them sooner.
20230702_183633.jpg

Rested for about 10 minutes while I prepped the bread and toppings. Boston lettuce, thin-sliced red onion, a lot of green sauce, provolone, bacon.
20230702_193046.jpg

Sorry for lack of grill shots. Went down pretty quickly. Honestly, one of the best sandwiches I've ever made.

Happy 4th, folks!!

Oh man, that sammy looks killer good.....right up my alley, kind of sick of cubano's.
I have to start looking into these things you and Brett are making that I cannot pronounce......they all look insane good.
I purchased paprika chili's in their whole.....looks like a good excuse!

Oh man, that sammy looks killer good.....right up my alley, kind of sick of cubano's.
I have to start looking into these things you and Brett are making that I cannot pronounce......they all look insane good.
I purchased paprika chili's in their whole.....looks like a good excuse!
You could make this with ease, Darryl. It helped that I was listening to Neil 😆

You could make this with ease, Darryl. It helped that I was listening to Neil 😆
Neil makes everything better, all the time.
I catalogue my vinyl collection online simply so I know what I have and what pressing and where to find it.
Searching by only Neil Young it shows I have a few.....not sure if it includes stuff like Crosby, Still, Nash n Young or not.........
70 seems normal right?

1688557851069.png

Back