Performer with fold down table, any good?

David-B

TVWBB Super Fan
I have someone asking me about this grill, Ive never looked at it...is the table useful due to it's size? how solid is it? does this grill feel more stable than say the 3 leg kettle?

I had one, upgraded to a performer deluxe last year.
It worked fine. I gave it to my Son to add to his collection.

Around a couple of years ago My Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) replaced my Weber Mastertouch which has a very good propane gas assist and spacious metal table. The two(2) photos on the Right shows the WPD in action grilling-up some tasty chicken parts and corn-on-the-cob last weekend.

Attachments

• lWw8zj0wRg2dKS+VInHQUA.jpg
    lWw8zj0wRg2dKS+VInHQUA.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 23
  • T1S9O+v+RISSSIGXoCRt9w.jpg
    T1S9O+v+RISSSIGXoCRt9w.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 17aSHcblQQCPmYEtb9sk9Q.jpg
    17aSHcblQQCPmYEtb9sk9Q.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Which stainless steel rotisserie is that?
That's from Cajun Bandit.Com and IME produces great products and delivers excellent Customer Service. Pictured in the photo below is also a Nepoleon Rotisserie Basket spinning some chicken parts on the Cajun Bandit.

Attachments

• k14EYoEYRJSRfBzJDSwFnw.jpg
    k14EYoEYRJSRfBzJDSwFnw.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
David,
With my current primary set up, I love my Weber Master Touch, but my side table (one of the best father's dad gifts ever) is equally a part of my BBQ arsenal as the grills are. And even with saying that you will still see in the back of the photo below I also have BBQ "stuff" on the back table and if it was not 15 degrees out and let's say 70 degrees, I would not have had that table open for my use. I was just thinking again last night how much I would like another table just like the one I have (or the one in the second link below). So here is the cost break down. I used HD for all of theses. First a Master Touch is $229, but he will NEED to purchase some sort of side table at least this if not this so we are looking at close or above the price of the entry level performer your friend is asking you about at $289. I think this does offer a lot for the price, but from my own experience I worry the table is too small. So then there is the next level performer the premium for $459 (which does not have the gas assist) and the deluxe (with gas assist) for $499. I think that is a big difference is cost. If cost is not a concern I would recommend the premium or deluxe, but those are significantly higher in price. If cost was not a concern for me I would have a performer deluxe (and an E6), but this is what I got and I love it!
I think if I was buying new today and cost was some a major factor I would try to find the money to buy the Master Touch and the large free standing prep cart linked above, but if did not have the funds for both those two, the entry level performer is a great option. I try not to lose sight that all four of these grills are the same cooker and your friend will love the food they can pull off a 22 in kettle.
IMG_20220212_175423057.jpg

Out if all my BBQ lessons I wish I hadn’t listened to my wife and just bought a performer 10 years ago.
This time frame is about when I bought my first performer Deluxe, and my wife could not understand why as I had a S310, until she tasted the rich smoke flavor of charcoal. And now we have two of them. Love everything about the performer.

I just saw one of these at this guy's garage. He said he got it cause his old apartment deck was super small. It actually looked very useful, if you can get it for a good price.

I had one and went to a performer deluxe. I would say the pop up table version is a step up from the 3 legged version but I moved it around the grass a lot and you have to pull it by the pop up table and it was a little flimsy compared to the deluxe. It is also higher and more comfortable to grill on. Having a table on any grill is a must in my opinion. Below are pics of the pop up and deluxe.
20210705_135333.jpg206556431_10225062825533883_909769507464053971_n.jpg

Just looked to see what all comes with it and it has the nice GBS grate but no Char-Baskets. That is kind of odd that they are not included. But anyway, with the baskets and a Vortex I could be very happy with it. Oh, gotta have a chimney starter.

DB21CFCD-E4E1-41DB-B170-F9DAFAB2E5C7.jpeg
46330038-F265-4EB5-896C-B1DDD4E2D8FC.jpeg
I knew I had brighter pictures!
The top one was for a family feed for about 30, the gasser was used rather like a steam table for serving (not in either shot).
shortly after the first picture the sky opened up and the rains came “in earnest”! Folks scattered to the garage and the back room like it was the end of the world!

Back