Performer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisM

TVWBB Pro
I am not sure if anyone else has this problem, and I hope I describe it correctly. My issue is with one of the supports that hold the charcoal grate up. I think there is (4) of them. THe one on the top, towards the table has kind of bent inward towards the middle. WHen I put the grate int, it can get caught in there. I have tried pushing it back in place..but it does not really work, it kind of springs back to the out of shape spot. Does anyone have an easy fix for this? Short of welding it.

Is there a gap between the support and the surface of the inside of the bowl? If so about how much? IF it is wide enough you maybe able to slip a piece of round material clothes hanger would work,try to clean any debris out between the support and the bowl surface, now when you press the support back toward the bowl surface you will be able to over come the spring back. once this is done use a smooth jaw pliers to bend the support down level with the others, if you do not have smooth jaw pliers use tape on the jaws.
Hope this helps.

KEvin- I like that idea and will try it. I mistakenly posted it was the charcoal grate support, but it is a support for the top grate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ S.:
Only 2 years old, call Weber and get a replacement under warranty.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Man AJ I keep forgetting Webber has a good warringty.

Thanks everyone..I just off the phone with Weber, and I have a new bowl, and lid (I guess they threw that in so it looks the same newness) enroute. What customer service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back