Perfect Timing

Ed Cleveland

Thanks for the responses on my new guy post - and I just bought a WSM 18 that a guy has used some but it looks great. He's moving Saturday and wants this gone and I got it and supplies for less than 1/4 MSRP. Timing is everything - and that goes for smoking, too! Thanks all!

I just got home with my "new" WSM - here is what I got for $85:

WSM
Weber Cover
Heat Shield Blanket
Charcoal Starter Bucket
Charcoal Starters
1 Bag of Charcoal
1 Bag of Lump Charcoal
1 Bag of Post Oak wood
Ash Bucket with scoop

The racks need some cleaning and attention, but overall the smoker is solid. And it appears that the front cover isn't very loose to drain heat and smoke. I'm anxious to get it up and going... IMG_7351.jpeg

Chris has some great operating tips and cleanup tips on virtualweberbullet ( link at the top of the forum)

I used his oven cleaner in a garbage bag technique on my WSM 22 and ended up with grates that looked new when I was done.

Chris has some great operating tips and cleanup tips on virtualweberbullet ( link at the top of the forum)

I used his oven cleaner in a garbage bag technique on my WSM 22 and ended up with grates that looked new when I was done.
I've made note of that link - thanks!

Hi Ed, I just bumped up my RIB post. Hope you find something that you would like to cook.

If not, there are a lot more on the PORK thread

Back