Parkay Squeeze in Chicago Market???

Scott C.

TVWBB Super Fan
I've been reading every where that if you use the brown sugar, honey, and margarine route when foiling ribs, to use Parkay Squeeze in the blue bottle. On the BBQ TV shows, I just see the blue squeeze bottles too.

However, for two weeks now, I've been to Jewel, Dominicks, Whole Foods, and can't find it. Most of these palces don't even carry Parkay anything.

I did an internet search and it said Walmart Supercenters carried it, so I searched their site, and it said it stocked the local place, so at lunch I braved the ice storm and ran over there. They had a slot for it, but it was filled with Spray! I asked the attendant dude if they had any in back, and he said the scanner shows 13 bottles - great. He goes in back and can't find any. I ask him when they will get more, and he can't say. They did however have the tubs and sticks, which is a first.

I get back to work and call another Walmart, and offer the UPC, and they don't have it, and have no idea if they will every get any either?

Man, what's the trick with this stuff? Do you have to buy it online? Do you even have to use Parkay Squeeze exclusively? Why won't the tub or sticks work? or for that batter, regular old salted butter?

Educate me please!!!

I don't see why the tub margarine wouldn't work if you warm it up a bit. I think they like the squeeze bottle just because its handy and lets you quickly lay down a squiggle of soft margarine on your rack of ribs. But I have to believe its the same substance in the tubs. Margarine supposedly won't burn where butter might (and I stress might). If you can't find the squeeze , I would go with one of the other types.you probably just want to go a little easy with it. :wsm:

Last edited:
Man, that stuff is all over in this area. Hard to believe it's not readily available by you. I think wifey got our last one from Target. (our Target is a Super (grocery) Target)

Hmmm, Target? Didn't think they has much food besides cereal and stuff. I'll check them

Thanks!

Not sure where you are in the Chicago area. By me you can get squeeze Parkay at Caputo's and Butera. They're mostly in the western suburbs and Fox valley area.

Back